The charter of Manthan has laid down the following objectives:
- To open, establish and run institutions for promotion of education, training and self-reliance of women.
- To carry on activities for providing education and professional guidance to the handicapped individuals.
- To provide help and assistance at the time of natural calamities, such as flood, cyclone, earthquake etc. to the affected people and other lives.
- To take up activities for development and education of children.
- To provide medicines to the patients.
- To undertake activities for conservation of environment and to develop nurseries to grow and distribute plants..
HOWEVER THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF MANTHAN IS TO REHABILITATE VARIOUSLY CHALLENGED GIRLS SO AS TO EDUCATE; EQUIP AND REHABILITATE THEM SO THEY BECOME A PART OF MAIN STREAM.
One of the unmentioned objective of Manthan is to expand its activities, in future; to take care of all the grieved women folk such as destitute women, divorces, old women without support; 0rphan girls and such other women/girls who have fallen pray to the vagaries of nature and of the society